Job Description-Team Leader and community carer (registered service)
To work as a team leader to a number of carers within the community to provide continued support to care staff and feedback to the registered manager
To carry out tasks required by the registered manager in the support of the community care division.
To work within the community predominantly within a service user’s own home to provide holistic personalised care to a high standard.
Requirements Team Leader
To oversee a number of care staff (co-hort) with regards to their performance and placements.
- To carry out observations of staff within their placements to assess the quality of the service they are providing.
- To carry out assessments and reviews as required by the registered manager within the community.
- To carry out co-hort meetings as required, requested by the registered manager.
- To respond to On-call requests for support and advice during times agreed.
- To carry out supervisions and appraisals.
Working within a placement as a carer
To read all care plans and risk assessment regarding the service user prior to commencing work and all commencing reviews/changes thereafter.
- To complete all documentation such as daily logs as required.
- To provide personal care support.
- To provide Moving and handling support.
- To work within agreed care planning and risk assessments completed.
- To provide social interaction/activities as required/agreed at pre- assessment.
- To support the service user with medication management (following training and assessment).
- To support the service user with nutrition and fluids.
- To remain compassionate and caring at all times.
- To work autonomously at times if required.
- Will need to be confident and competent with regards to own skills. and abilities.
Qualifications and skills required
Some qualifications desired but not essential may be provided before commencing placement if required for the right candidate.
- Experience working as a Senior carer or team leader within care.
- Experience in Providing care and support for Vulnerable adults and/or children.
- Care Certificate.
- Moving & Handling.
- Nutritional support.
- Palliative care.
- Mental health.
- Challenging behaviours.
- Domiciliary care.
You may be expected to work alone with the service user at times so professionalism at all times is important. A lone workers risk assessment will be completed and your safety along with the service user is paramount.
You will receive continued development and training throughout the year.
There is continual 24/7 support whilst in placement should you need to contact someone for advice.
You will be expected to provide regular feedback so your placement can be reviewed to ensure continued support is provided to you and the service user.
You will be expected to provide 4 weeks’ notice should you wish to terminate your employment with Annicare due to the complex nature of placements within this community division.