Job Description - Community Carer
To work within the community predominantly within a service user’s own home to provide holistic personalised care to a high standard.
To complete 2 Induction days set for a community care staff member and complete all training advised.
- To read all care plans and risk assessment regarding the service user prior to commencing work and all commencing reviews/changes thereafter.
- To complete all documentation such as daily logs as required
- To provide personal care support
- To provide Moving and handling support
- To respond in an agreed manner if the service user has an accident or Incident. staff members must contact the office to report this to the registered manager every time.
- To work within agreed care planning and risk assessments completed
- To provide social interaction/activities as required/agreed at pre-assessment
- To support the service user with medication management (following training and assessment)
- To support the service user with nutrition and fluids
- To remain compassionate and caring at all times
- To work autonomously at times if required
- Will need to be confident and competent with regards to own skills and abilities
- To work within the Lone Working policy and risk assessments created following the Holistic needs assessment created for new service user placements.
Qualifications and skills required
Some qualifications desired but not essential may be provided before commencing placement if required for the right candidate.
Experience in Providing care and support for Vulnerable adults
Moving & Handling
You may be expected to work alone with the service user at times so professionalism at all times is important. A lone workers risk assessment will be completed and your safety along with the service user is paramount.
You will receive continued development and training throughout the year
There is continual 24/7 support whilst in placement should you need to contact someone for advice.
You will be expected to provide regular feedback so your placement can be reviewed to ensure continued support is provided to you and the service user.
you will be expected to provide 4 weeks’ notice should you wish to terminate your employment with Annicare due to the complexity of the packages of care you will be supporting.